Sunday, July 12, 2009

Digital New Zealand & Memory Maker


If you're reading this and you're not taking my course Archivists: Meet Web 2.0 this summer, you may be wondering why the brevity of the messages which serve more as updates and news blurbs than journal entries. Now you know. Because time is short and there is so much to do, I'll continue to use this blog as a way to highlight some interesting (my opinion) developments. I hope you enjoy!

If you are in my class and reading this, you've probably already visited Digital New Zealand at
http://ww.digitalnz.org/ when we discussed mashups and APIs. But you may not have come across the Memory Maker at http://remix.digitalnz.org/ The Memory Maker was added to honor the 90th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice between the allies and Germany to end World War I. Take a few minutes to play with this video mixing tool. Then think about the ways in which your own organization might employ a Memory Maker.


Along the same lines, you can search the memory of the Netherlands, which contains 401,851 objects from 73 collections of 68 institutions at http://www.geheugenvannederland.nl/?/en/homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment